Safe Work, Safe Classrooms
Safety is a high priority for Camp Creative – for all Campers, tutors, staff and volunteers.
You’ll get a safety induction from your tutor first thing Monday morning. They’ll also provide ongoing demonstrations and information around work safety throughout the week.
We ask that you respect all guidelines around safety and wear the appropriate clothing, footwear and protective gear as required.
For urgent medical attention, seek assistance at the first aid room at the High School and Primary School offices. Town venues also have first aid facilities.
- Bellingen Hospital - 6659 5800
- Bellingen Pharmacy - 6655 1124
- Bellingen Healing Centre - 6655 0000
- North Bellingen Medical Centre - 6655 1755
- Three Rivers Health Clinic – 6655 0663
Beat the heat
Bellingen is very hot in January, which can affect your health. Wear cool, loose clothing and if outside, sunscreen and a hat. Drink plenty of water and spend time in air-conditioning whenever you can.
There may still be smoke around from recent bushfires, so it is a good idea to stay indoors in classrooms on any smoky days. Those doing outdoor courses may wish to take lunch breaks inside air-conditioned rooms.
We have every precaution in place around bushfire safety. We will be in communication with local fire authorities during the week. We have a complete plan in place and will promptly communicate any actions Campers may need to undertake around fire safety. These will be both within and outside of official class hours.
Please rely on our formal communications or those through official channels such as the Rural Fire Service and ABC Coffs Coast radio 92.3 FM. Recent experience has proven that word of mouth and social media are not the best sources of information and can create unnecessary concern.
Communications will be via
- Announcements at the Schools and from tutors at town venues
- Broadcast text to all Campers with mobile phones
- Calls to local accommodation providers to notify their guests
- Notifications via our Facebook and Instagram pages
- Update on Camp Creative website www.campcreative.com.au