Are you interested in teaching at Camp Creative?
We have run courses across a range of areas: painting, drawing, sculpture, dance, singing, woodworking, cooking, textiles, welding, clay, music, writing, film & video, photography and more!
We also run courses designed just for kids and teenagers, aged 5 to 18 years.
You can get a sense of the range of courses taught each year by viewing our 2020 courses.
We are looking for creatives with formal and informal experience, doing interesting work who are also excellent teachers with these qualities:
- a willingness to be generous with information
- strong technical skills
- good interpersonal skills
Each potential tutor is welcome to submit multiple course proposals.
How it works
Camp Creative courses run for five days. Each day can run as either a full day (9.00 am to 5.00 pm) or as a half day (9.00 am - 12.00 pm / 1.00 pm - 4.00 pm).
Full day courses have a one hour lunch break, 12.00 pm - 1.00 pm.
Tutors are engaged by the Camp to run their course, and we manage the rest - enrolling students, providing classroom space, promoting the course.
The starting class size for any course is twelve students.
Additional to the quality of their course proposal, to teach at Camp Creative, all tutors must
- Have a current Working with Children Check as at 9 January 2022.
- Have $20 million public liability insurance as at 9 January 2022.
- Be able to attend an orientation at the Camp on Sunday 9 January 2022.
- Be able to provide a safe and respectful classroom environment within Camp guidelines.
- Performing arts tutors must also be available to lead their class at the Finale Concert on Friday evening 14 January 2022.
- Each year, about three quarters of our tutors are people who have run a course at the Camp before.
- The other quarter are selected from course proposals, recommendations, and direct solicitation on our part. If you apply, please understand that we get many applications each year.
- Once we receive your proposal, we will contact you if we need more information or have any questions.
- Course proposals will be reviewed by the Camp Creative committee. Course decisions are made not just around the quality of the course proposal, but also available classroom space and the Camp's balance of mediums, content, skill level and appeal to our student base.
- If your course is not selected for the current year, we will keep it on file for review in future years.
COURSE PROPOSALS OPEN 1 FEBRUARY 2021
Course proposals can be submitted for review from 1 February 2021 via online form or downloadable PDF form. Applications will close 28 February 2021.
Sign up for course proposal updates