Run a Course
Are you interested in teaching at Camp Creative?
We have run courses across a range of areas: painting, drawing, sculpture, dance, singing, woodworking, cooking, textiles, clay, music, writing, photography and more!
We also run courses designed just for kids and teenagers, aged 5 to 18 years.
We are looking for creatives with formal and informal experience, doing interesting work who are also excellent teachers with these qualities:
- a willingness to be generous with information
- strong technical skills
- good interpersonal skills
Each potential tutor is welcome to submit multiple course proposals.
How it works
Camp Creative courses run for five days. Each day can run as either a full day (9.00 am to 5.00 pm) or as a half day (9.00 am – 12.00 pm / 1.00 pm – 4.00 pm).
Full day courses have a one hour lunch break, 12.00 pm – 1.00 pm.
Tutors are engaged by the Camp to run their course, and we manage the rest – enrolling students, providing classroom space, promoting the course.
The starting class size for any course is twelve students.
Additional to the quality of their course proposal, to teach at Camp Creative, all tutors must
- Have a current Working with Children Check as at 8 January 2023.
- Have $20 million public liability insurance as at 1 December 2022.
- Be able to attend an daytime orientation at the Camp on Sunday 8 January 2023.
- Be able to attend an evening welcome gathering on Sunday 8 January 2023.
- Be able to provide a safe and respectful classroom environment within Camp guidelines.
- Performing arts tutors must also be available to lead their class at the Finale Concert on Friday evening 13 January 2023.