Alice graduated from Te Wananga O Raukawa in Otaki, NZ (2002) with a Diploma in Maori Design and Art and started her journey into the expression of art in Christchurch, NZ where she exhibited and sold her works nationally and internationally.
She has a deep passion for creating artworks that inspire, challenge or initiate change. Alice also weaves with traditional NZ Harakeke (Flax) fibre as well as paints in oils and acrylics and her artworks have depth and texture that combine various mixed media mediums into her works. She prides herself on using the highest grade and quality paints and materials.
Alice has created and developed her own solo exhibitions, workshops and events throughout NZ and Australia and has helped establish arts collectives and groups that she still actively participates in.
She has run successful weaving workshops around NZ, Australia and the US. She recently ran a series of weaving workshops during the 2016/17 Woodford Folk Festival and was also invited to teach at the renowned Spirit Weavers Gathering in California in June.
Recent exhibitions and events include:
• World Environment Day, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
• The Planting, Woodford, Queensland
• Artisan Camp, Woodford, Queensland
• Woodford Folk Festival, Queensland, Australia (16/17 & 17/18)
• Camp Creative, Bellingen
• Horizon Arts and Culture Festival, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
• Art Street Maleny, Queensland
• Spirit Weavers Gathering, California, USA
• Fish Hooks and Moving Trees Touring exhibition - Brisbane, Bundaberg, Mackay and Gladstone, Queensland
• BEMAC Gallery, The Queensland Multicultural Centre, Brisbane
• Gold and Green Stone Exhibition, Arts Centre, Gold Coast
• Christchurch Art Gallery, New Zealand
• Te Toi Mana Gallery, Arts Centre, Christchurch
Photos and videos