1. One full set of Acrylic paints, to include warms and cools of every primary color, as well as ‘Burnt Sienna’ for initial tonal drawings. Recommended colors:
- Titanium white
- Paynes Grey
- Cadmium Yellow
- Lemon Yellow
- Cadmium Red
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cobalt Blue
- Phthalo Blue
- And Burnt Sienna for tonal drawings.
- (Recommended brands, Matisse, Atelier, or Jo Sonjas Gouaches)
2. Series of synthetic brushes, both rounds, flats and filberts, long handed and or short handed. Recommended sizes- 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12. A varied array of small brushes for fine detail, mid size brushes for the bulk of painting work, and a large brush for washes, blurring reflections, painting skies and establishing large areas. (Roymac, or Galleria are recommended brands)
3. A medium sized Canvas, with landscape, horizontal dimensions. To be primed and sanded in preparation for major work. Ideal size 50cm x 70cm approx.
4. 1-2 Water jars
5. 1-2 Palettes, preferably made of wood and hand held, which can be bought from Art stores, or a simple piece of Masonite, plastic, or Glass that can be placed on a table or Easel.
6. One 1L tub of Gesso for priming of major work canvas, and a large brush for Gesso application. (Art Spectrum or Windsor and Newton are recommended brands)
7. One single edged razor blade or fine sandpaper for the sanding of the major work canvas in between layers of Gesso. (Bunnings is a good place to find these items)
8. A photograph of a Landscape to be used for your major work. Choose a subject that has sentimental and inspirational resonance for you, so that your painting will serve as a portal through time, a memento on the wall, a window into reverie. (Be sure to bring two of three subjects if possible, as your interest in each may change, and additional subjects can be used for studies also)
All Materials can be purchased locally. Contact Gail Cardow from Island Art Shop & Studio on 02 66556822 to place your order prior to the Camp. Gail also delivers each day of the camp.