$260.00 for all materials to make one canoe (Does not include seat, paint or paddle.) This must be paid to the tutor on the first day
Build a Canoe Equipment needed, Course Requirements and Material costs
- Cordless drill with 4mm drill bit and Phillips Head driver. Don’t forget the charger!
- Pair of pliers for tightening cable ties.
- Pair of saw horses or folding work benches.
- Old clothes and closed in shoes- no thongs or sandals.
- Plastic gloves to avoid glue on hands.
- Hand Saw.
- Wood plane and several grades of sandpaper for smoothing timber.
- Hammer, chisel, woodworking clamps, and any general woodworking tools.
- Countersink drill bit.
- Canoe seat- if you’re building a canoe! Plastic chair minus legs (Council clean-ups are good), check out ‘simple canoe/kayak seats’ on Google Images for ideas, or try eBay for around $50.00. Patio chairs with arm rests are usually too big.
If you wish to bring your own 1.8m x 30mm Tassie Oak dowel (about $20.00 from Bunnings), or 1.5m long broom handle from your local hardware store (even cheaper!), to the course, we will provide the ply paddle blades and glue for you to make your own paddle.
The 3.6m canoe (crimson painted canoe in photos) will easily handle an 85kg adult and a very exuberant 25kg dog- I speak from experience!
The canoe is also available as a 4.2m (14ft) model for those wanting something larger. As this is not the standard size, anyone wanting a 4.2m version will need to let me know a month before Camp Creative.
For further photos go to my Facebook page ‘Canoes on Amaroo’, or for any questions, problems with equipment, or further information, please email Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Important** If you have booked for 2 people to do this great course, please email Michelle on email@example.com with both participant's names so I can have name tags ready for you :)