- Drawing board (A3 size minimum) with prop
- Bulldog clips
- Masking tape
- Kneadable eraser
- Blu Tack (not UHU white tack or pink or green tack. Original Bostick Blue)
- Pencil sharpener
- A4 Cartridge Visual Diary (for sketch and note taking if you require)
Pencils as follows
Graphite pencils: 2H, F, HB, B, 2B and 4B
- Aquarelle (watercolour) colour pencils. Minimum set of 12
- Wax or Oil based colour pencils –Minimum set of 12 please. These are your ‘standard’ colour pencils.*
*Note, please bring reputable brands only – If you are purchasing for the first time, Professional or Artist grade is highly recommended. Supermarket or $2 shop type pencils are not acceptable. There will be a class set of wax and aquarelle pencils available for you to use.
Please make sure a white pencil is included in your sets.
Water soluble graphite pencil: 4B Derwent Sketch and wash recommended (please make sure there is a ‘paintbrush’ icon on the side of any pencil you purchase)
Water-soluble Derwent Graphitint pencils: If you own a set, please bring; otherwise a single Indigo or Blue Grey pencil is sufficient. If you cannot find individual pencils, I have a class set you may borrow for the exercise. Please contact me before you purchase any.
Colour pencil blender for wax/oil pencils: This may be included in your set, if not your art shop can assist.
Pental Aquash Medium (Japanese nylon brush with water barrel) OR a number 4 or 5 round camel hair type brush and a water pot.
At least one sheet of following, cut to 4 x A3 size for transport*
- Full sheet 300gsm Hot Press watercolour paper. Arches or Fabriano or Lana – you will most likely end up using all four cut sheets, so be prepared to buy extra if needed, or buy two full sheets
- Full sheet 300gsm Cold Press watercolour paper. Arches or Fabriano or Lana – if you already own a pad of this type of paper that is acceptable as long as the weight is at least 250gsm.
Photographic reference material
Linda will supply some images. However, if you wish to draw a particular subject (your dog, cat, grandchild), you must bring good quality A4 size prints of same.
A small glass item: This can be a shot glass, wine glass, small glass figurine, etc.
You may wish to include some or all of the following in your ‘kit’ if you already own these items.
- A portable light source
- Knife/box cutter
- White cotton gloves
- Tracing paper
- Pastels / Pastel pencils
- Any type of colour pencil you already own and wish to try out.
The standard size drawings will be done on A3 size paper, so if you prefer to buy pads of paper or already own pads, bring these along instead of buying especially.
Students are encouraged to bring in those materials they already own and have been using and are comfortable with.