Go from start to finish on a short documentary film. Join a small film crew, and together with a phone or a camera, you'll create a short three-minute documentary that you can put online.
You’ll dive deep into the filmmaking process – learn how to plan a film around an idea, record the material you need, and edit it together into a story.
Over the week, you’ll learn about pre-production, storyboarding, scripting, production, filming, sound, editing, and more.
Join international documentary maker Matty Hannon in a week of fun and collaboration as you learn how to bring a story to the screen.
Image: still from Trouble in Paradise, Matty Hannon 2013Enrol
Full days. Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Ages 13 to 18 years
- How to generate ideas
- Roles and scripting ideas
- Keep yourself covered – how to get release forms and be respectful
- Refine your script and storyboard- plan your shoot day
- Prep gear
- How to respond in the moment
- Spend all day shooting your film – the fun bit!
The edit suite
- Learn to edit your film
- Any pick-up shots you need to squeeze in!
- Finalise your edit
- Add some colour and flair
- Learn how to deliver your film and upload
No prior experience required
To be supplied by participant
A phone or iPad or DSLR camera for shooting
A tripod that suits one of above
An iPad or laptop for editing
Pad and pen
Filmmaker, surfer and intrepid traveller, Matty Hannon’s work shares the stories of people and places around the world – from the furthest reaches of Alaska to the steamy interior of the Amazon jungle.