1. What type of personal data will be processed by Camp Creative?
The personal data processed by Camp Creative will include the details you provide directly to Camp Creative during any expressions of interest application, Community Hosting application, Community Hosting recruitment process, and throughout your Hosting eligibility with the Camp.
This includes any supporting documentation that Camp Creative requests or that you provide.
Amongst the types of personal data Camp Creative may collect and hold for yourself and household members include your name, date and country of birth, address, banking details, occupation, work hours, hobbies and any other relevant information.
In submitting your application or expression of interest, where you provide the Camp with the personal data of others (e.g. the names and contact details of your referees or household members) you are encouraged to inform them that:
- you are disclosing that information to the Camp;
- if your application is successful, the information will be retained; and
- they can access that information by contacting the Camp Creative Coordinator.
Your personal data is created, stored and transmitted securely in a variety of paper and electronic formats.
This includes databases that are shared across Camp Creative in order to confirm Community Hosting host’s details. Access to your personal data is limited to Camp Creative representatives who have a legitimate interest in it for the purpose of carrying out their duties and to third parties who perform services on behalf of the Camp (see section 4 below).
2. Why does Camp Creative need your personal data, what is the legal basis for processing it, and how will Camp Creative use it?
The personal data processed by the Camp, or processed on Camp Creative’s behalf, during any expressions of interest, application, commencement and throughout your relationship with the Camp is collected for the primary purpose of assessing your application, and if successful administering your application. It is also to enable authorised persons to utilise Camp Creative services and facilities.
If you choose not to provide Camp Creative with all of the information requested it may not be possible for Camp Creative to meet all required eligibility criteria to proceed with your application. New Community Hosting hosts and family members must provide all personal information requested where relevant. Without this information the Community Hosting host cannot become an approved host.
Camp Creative considers that the lawful basis for the processing of your personal data as an applicant is that it is necessary for the pursuit of the legitimate interests of the Camp to consider your application to become a Community Hosting host, and as a Community Hosting host it is necessary in order for Camp Creative to fulfil its obligations to you.
Camp Creative will obtain your consent for specific use of your personal data not covered by this Collection Statement or where the personal data includes special category data, which Camp Creative will collect from you at the appropriate time. You can withdraw your consent to Camp Creative’s specific use of such data at any time.
- to determine and process your eligibility;
- to correspond with you;
- to inform you about guest placements, arrival services and applicable payments and services available to hosts;
- to fulfil and monitor Camp Creative responsibilities to comply with legislative reporting requirements;
- to attend day to day administrative matters;
- or benchmarking, analysis, quality assurance and planning purposes; and
to compile statistics and conduct research for internal and statutory reporting purposes;
- to prevent or detect fraudulent activity; and
- to use the information as otherwise permitted or required by the law, including pursuant to any government directions
3. Who will Camp Creative share my data with?
Camp Creative may share your personal data with a range of parties, including the following:
- your nominated financial institution for payment of hosting fees;
- contracted service providers which Camp Creative uses to perform services on its behalf. Some of our service providers are located outside of New South Wales and/or Australia and, as a result, personal information collected and held by Camp may be transferred outside of New South Wales (but within Australia) or outside Australia;
- in the event of an emergency, police, medical or hospital personnel, civil emergency services, your legal representative or nominated emergency contact person, or any other person assessed as necessary to respond to the emergency;
- Camp Creative’s legal advisers or other professional advisers and consultants engaged by the Camp; and
- Camp Creative affiliates when we are engaging with these entities in setting up hosting placements or where reasonably necessary to support the operations of Camp Creative.
Where personal data is disclosed to third parties, it will be done so only to the extent necessary to fulfil the purpose of such disclosure.
Camp Creative will not use or disclose your personal information for another purpose (the secondary purpose), unless:
- You consented to the use or disclosure of the information; or
- You would reasonably expect Camp Creative to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose (does not apply to sensitive or health information)
4. How will the Camp use my data after the application process?
If your application is successful, your personal data will become part of your ongoing record.
If your application is unsuccessful, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data is managed in accordance with the Camp’s record-keeping procedure. Should you wish to be removed from Camp Creative database, please contact the Camp Creative Coordinator.
5. What are my individual rights?
- To object to any processing of your personal data that Camp Creative processes on the lawful basis of legitimate interests, unless the Camp Creative reasons for the underlying processing outweighs your interests, rights and freedoms;
- To withdraw your consent where Camp Creative has processed any of your personal data based on consent;
- To object to direct marketing (including any profiling) at any time;
- To ask Camp Creative to delete personal data that Camp Creative no longer has any lawful grounds to process; and
- To object to the use of automated decision making
6. Who can I contact if I have any questions about how my personal data is being used or how I can exercise my rights?